Monday, May 25, 2009

Easter

The day before Easter I ran in the Resurrection Run 5K out in Destin. Several of my girlfriends participated in it, so it was a lot of fun and I was pleased with my time. While I was running, our friends the Drowns brought Caleb and Isabelle to their church's easter egg hunt, and I met them there after the race. They had a lot of fun collecting as many eggs as they could fit into their baskets, and then eating it afterwards (the best part!).



















For Easter Sunday, we went to church and celebrated our Lord's resurrection, and then we went to a new friend's house, Kristi Coil, for an Easter brunch and another egg hunt. I met Kristi through my friend Amy Drown, and Kristi's kids go to Rocky Bayou Christian School, which is where Caleb is going in the fall. It was a nice time of fellowship and good food, and once again the kids had fun gathering those candy-filled plastic eggs. We enjoyed getting to spend the day with our good friends, the Drowns, as well, because we had to say goodbye to them the next day. They moved to Ohio, but we are planning on visiting them in September.
Isabelle with Sarah Kate, Emily, and Anna Drown

0 comments: